Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Magnets

The other evening, Gentry swallowed a magnet. One of those small, round magnetic metal balls-they're a part of some toy kit with parts that the kids creatively stick together, and make plastic and magnet sculptures. In Gentry's case, they're usually either guns or swords (proof positive that he is, in fact, all boy), although the other day he DID ask for my advice on how to create a jail (he wanted one large enough to hold ALL of Alexis' Barbie dolls).

Shawna was, understandably, worried (about the magnet, not the jail; apparently Lex's Barbies are all rich and famous, and can afford Michael Vick's and OJ Simpson's attorneys, so the prison stay was short lived). She thought about taking Gentry in for an X-ray or CT scan, to find out where exactly the magnet was in his system, but the cost of those tests is astronomical.

So I installed a metal toilet.

14 comments:

Katie Booker said...

LOL..that is great!!!
It reminds me of a story about a man ( a nasty man, I might add) from our church.
He had a loose tooth (He's 45+ years old so that should tell you a little about him) and was eating an apple one day when he felt it pop out. Before he could get it..he swallowed it.
SO, he waited and waited and in a few days he "passed it"..along with "OTHER" stuff.
He washed it off and took it to the dentist and asked them to put it back in..
And we wonder why he has bad breath.........

PJ said...

That is beyond disgusting...

Shane said...

Katie, Please tell me you are joking. I could not believe what I just read, I literally dropped my dr pepper onto my keyboard when I read that! That is hilarious!

Ogre said...

they do this to cows all the time. so they wont digest the barbwire if they eat it. so gentry dosent have to worrie if hey eats any barbwire. so you guys are covered.

Katie Booker said...

Shane,
I wish I could tell you it was a made up story...but we find again that sometimes the truth is more interesting than made up stories!
It's the Honest To God Truth!

Anonymous said...

lol. at least she didn't wanna get a MRI done. :)

PJ said...

Ogre: That's an enormous relief! Thanks! I'm going to give some to Lex to ingest as well-just in case!

Katie Booker said...

Maybe you should take some too PJ..you never know when you might get a craving for barbed wire.

Ogre said...

yeah anything to help and when it comes out just wash it off and use it again. you should never have to buy another one. They are reusable. See you posted this at frist thinking that it was a bad thing.

Katie Booker said...

Nasty Nasty Ogre!!! GAG!

Anonymous said...

do they really give mangets to cows? I've seen on tv where they put holes into their sides so that they can reach into the cows stomach. Which is a whole different topic. But don't you think it would cut the cow up if it injest barbwire then the magnet collects it in one big clump and the cow goes to pass it wouldn't that tear the cow up? Any animal biologist reading that can answer this question?

Ogre said...

the reason behind the magnet ordeal is that the cow will not digest the large portions of the barbwire. You know those magenet's that are about 3" long and about the size of a half inch nipple and both ends are rounded? Thats what they let them swallow. As for cutting a whole in the side of the cow dosent make very much sence to me because i would think they wouldnt live to long but thats just my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

http://media.www.thelantern.com/media/storage/paper333/news/2003/12/02/Campus/A.Window.To.The.World.Of.A.Cows.Stomach-569718.shtml

Anonymous said...

this link is better

http://spike-washburn.vpscenter.com/research/FistulatedCows/